Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Birth

So.... once I went to the hospital I told Jesse that there was no way I was leaving that place without a baby. The contractions kept coming although not painful I knew they werent stopping. The lady checking me in (wait wasnt that why I pre-registered?) took awhile, re-asked questions I already answered, made MORE copies of my insurance card, answered the phone and then finally wheeled me up to Labor and Delivery. Good thing I was not in pain and my water had not broke! In L&D I got into a gown, was put on monitors and was told that I was in fact having contractions and I was dialated to a two or three and they would check my progress in an hour or two. Once again I was checked and still nothing, contractions were hurting a little and had heartburn like crazy but not much else going on. Said they would wait another hour and check me again, but luckily at this point my Dr. said I was in labor for sure and we could speed it up by breaking my water~ YEAH DR RILEY!! And of course I agreed.
At this time my friend brought Ry and Ave over to the hospital to stay with us and join in on the fun. They were pretty excited to meet their new brother.
I got my IV, and had the best epidural ever! The anesthesiologist was awesome. My past experiences were not so great so I was really worried about getting an epidural, but my husband assured me that they were all really good. He actually just had a month long rotation with them so he worked right next to them and knew what he was talking about. Then Dr Riley came in and broke my water at about 10:00pm
We then just waited and waited. Finally about 1:00 am the nurse came in and had me "practice" push to try to get his head to stay down. I would push and he would come down then I would stop and he would go back up! Little Stinker. I did this off and on waiting for the Doctor to come in. At about 2:30 she came in and got ready, Jesse ran out and grabbed the girls, and one push later our little boy was here! Milo was born at 2:40 a.m weighing 7 pounds 1.5 ounces, 19 1/4 inches long~ my biggest baby! He was so perfect and looked just like his sisters.
I loved my experience at this hospital, I had the best nurses ever, I have the BEST Doctor (yes she is a Dr Riley), the hospital is amazing, and I am so glad my last delivery ended so well. I have also felt SO good, recovery has been so quick and painless. It must be my reward for such an awful last month of pregnancy:)
We are so happy to finally have a little boy in our family, he is such a good baby. We are SO in love with this boy, here he is......


MILO WILLIAM (named after my Grandpa and Jesse's Grandpa)




2 comments:

  1. Look at your hospital bed, it is huge and doesn't even look like a hospital bed! They must be fancy in your neck of the woods :) so glad all went well and that you are enjoying your little guy. Also, on FB you mentioned about how 2 years was a rough age gap, and actually Brooke is 3. She turned 3 in December and so far I am a fan of the 3 year gap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to hear that your delivery went so well! He is sure cute and definitely looks like your others. I know you guys are loving having a little boy. You have a beautiful little family!

    ReplyDelete