Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Quick D.C Trip

We met my parents in D.C. in June. We drove, they flew. It was a long drive with four kids. and an even longer, hotter weekend with them. Ry complained the entire time and did not want to do anything. The others were okay. I wanted to complain the entire time too but am a little too old for that. Just saying four kids in D.C in the heat with all that walking and history is not SUPER fun. But we did enjoy some of it:) Grandpa enjoyed all of it, so that was worth it.

My camera battery was dead so we used Jesse's phone camera for these pictures. this one not so great but the only proof Grandma was with us. I believe we were picnincing in the parking garage of Arlington Cemetery! And yes I used a paintbrush to put peanut butter on the bread.


Lincoln Memorial


Washington Monument


And of course tour of the White House was very cool. The girls did love being in the White House and learning about all the history there.


We did see a lot of things just did not get pictures I guess. Went to Arlington Cemetery saw Kennedy's grave, changing of the guards-(which was so hot!) Holocaust Museum, Air and Space Museum, Museum of American History, Vietnam War Memorial, WW2 Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Capital building and drove past the Jefferson Monument. It took us three days to do all this, not recommending kids on this trip and not in June:) But really did have a good time, promise.

1 comment:

  1. I COULD NOT AGREE MORE. We took the kids a few years ago, in July, and it was miserable. I couldn't bring myself to go back while we were there because I had such bad memories--even though in general the trip was a good time. Just hotter than...hot...and hard to take kids through historical sights like that! Glad you had an overall good time though!

    ReplyDelete